Thursday 24 November 2016

Come, O You Who Are Come ...

An Advent Service of Silence & Beholding

an unhurried time in which to dwell at the heart of the Eucharist

Sunday November 27th
8am St. Mary's Church, 
Sullington, RH20 4AE


O Wisdom:
I cannot think unless I have been thought,
Nor can I speak unless I have been spoken.
I cannot teach except as I am taught,
Or break the bread except as I am broken.
O Mind behind the mind through which I seek,
O Light within the light by which I see,
O Word beneath the words with which I speak,
O founding, unfound Wisdom, finding me,
O sounding Song whose depth is sounding me,
O Memory of time, reminding me,
My Ground of Being, always grounding me,
My Maker’s Bounding Line, defining me,
Come, hidden Wisdom, come with all you bring,
Come to me now, disguised as everything.

Advent Antiphons
Malcolm Guite
https://malcolmguite.wordpress.com/tag/advent-antiphons/

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment