Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas 2014

As we enter this season of Christmas, we are deeply thankful for the goodness and self-giving love of God, amidst all the circumstances of life... poured out in the Incarnation.

In the birth of Christ, God comes to meet us...
                                                           there is no place where God is not ...
His love for me brought low his greatness.
He made himself like me so that I might receive him.
He made himself like me so that I might be clothed in him.
I had no fear when I saw him,
for he is mercy for me.
He took my nature so that I might understand him,
my face so that I should not turn away from him. 
Odes of Solomon 7
(The Roots of Christian Mysticism by Olivier ClĂ©ment) 

Peace be with you this Christmastide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment