Thursday 20 February 2014

A Service of Silence & Beholding

A time of unhurried silence in which to dwell 
at the heart of the Eucharist

February 23rd
8 a.m.
 St. Mary's Church, Sullington, West Sussex, RH20 4AE

If travelling from Horsham, Worthing or Brighton, please note:
The A283 between the A24 and Sullington Lane (which leads to the church) is likely to be closed to through traffic this weekend 22nd and 23rd February. We understand diversions will be in place. A suggested route is to continue north on the A24 taking the first exit signposted to Thakeham. Follow the road for about a mile, crossing straight over the mini-roundabout outside Rydon School. At the next mini roundabout, take the first exit into Water Lane and continue to the end. Continue straight across into Sullington Lane. 
Please allow extra time for your journey.  


I am, you anxious one.

Don’t you sense me, ready to break
into being at your touch?
My murmurings surround you like shadowy wings.
Can’t you see me standing before you
cloaked in stillness?
Hasn’t my longing ripened in you
from the beginning
as fruit ripens on a branch?

I am the dream you are dreaming.
When you want to awaken, I am that wanting:
I grow strong in the beauty you behold.
And with the silence of stars I enfold
your cities made by time.

Rainer Maria Rilke    
                      

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment